First day shooting, and my iPhone update

Saturday, July 12, 2008 | |

Yesterday was my first day shooting in Sadr City, and I got totally overwhelmed by the sun, right when Friday prayers really got rolling. At least I will have another chance next week. I cant say that I was super inspired to make any pictures - especially in this heat, with an entourage of security and guides, and with every Iraqi and their mother stymied in the street to stare at me.
Though, I was thinking that to do this job, to be a photographer, you have to really like your job. I have never met a photojournalist who didn't like working, who didn't keep pushing. It really is not like being an accountant.
I also took the time - and indeed it was quite a lot of time - to download and update my iPhone. Kind of a pain in the ass to do that from Iraq. Its not like I can go to the Baghdad Apple Store if anything goes wrong.

0 comments: